green green grass of home

I see sprouts! I planted grass seed well over 2 weeks ago and was about ready to try reseeding again when I watered this afternoon and saw little tiny slivers of green in the reflections of the standing water. With our soil it doesn't stand for long, lemme tell ya! Our soil drains really well! WOOO HOOOOO! Happy dance! Oh yah, oh yah!!! Means the other sector I planted should be right behind. Perhaps one of these days we'll have a real yard again!

Anyone ever use a sod remover? I have been thinking of tearing up the sod in the parking strip and putting down some nice gravel. My DH occasionally brings home a big rig from work to get a head start on an early day and of course he drives one side of the truck up on the parking strip to get it outta the way of the street. If we had just gravel there it would be so much easier to clean up I'm thinking. As it stands now he just compacts the soil and puts deep ruts in it. They don't come back and I must continually fill them in with soil. If you've used one I'd love to hear if it's difficult to run. I'm not overly strong but am capable of hard labor when needed.

Comments

Popular Posts