My wearable muslin

K, this is a terrible picture and the dirndl skirt of this dress makes me look huge.  However, once I get the belt made it should pull in some of the extra bulk of the dress.  And for some reason it is blurry and can't figure out why it won't focus.  So I give up.  Here it is in blurry form.

To sum up the FBA, I did pretty well.  I need to lower the darts next time as they came a little high after adjustments now that the dress is finished and can see it with the skirt.  I also must narrow the neckline in the front as it gaps just a little bit.    As if I have a sunken upper chest, which I suppose I do!  And I think that will narrow the shoulder straps just a tad as well.

The pattern is a modification of the sheath dress in Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing.  I think I may also take in the waist just a smidge as well.  Not much, but the dress is designed to be more snug than I've got it.  The directions were easy to follow, the pattern easy to adapt once I got  further help with the FBA.

Next project is an a-line skirt.  Again, a muslin will be in order as I have this belly that I developed over the last few  months with hormone changes I'm assuming as I haven't gone crazy with overeating and I am into perimenopause fully.  Gah!



Comments

Popular Posts