A sewing weekend getaway

My cardio is getting better and better.  Riding the bike home is really no huge effort anymore and today I went from work to the store for cauliflower and then up the bigger hill to home.  Almost made it before I had to resort to bicycle-assisted walking up the last part of the hill.  So I definitely need to up the bicycle ante as the work commute ain't enough of a workout now. 

Last weekend I spent an entire full day in Arlington sewing with Sherry.  She had picked up a serger at a garage sale some time ago and asked me to help her get it up going and show her how to use it.  Took me about an hour to get it figured out, threaded, etc but once it was going and she started getting the hang of it she was off to the races.  I could see the ideas just stirring around in her head. 

I spent the time making some Xmas decorations, cutting out a skirt, tracing a pattern, and helping her out when there was problems.  It was a super day!  I plan on doing it again some weekend. 

This weekend will be busy doing hard labor in the yard and for the neighbor.  Ugh, but I need the exercise.  Or the upper body workout rather.  I had hoped to go to the arts festival in Anacortes.  Don't think I'll have time.  :(


Comments

Popular Posts