I tried, but ran out of daylight so to speak

Alas the dress completion is not to be.  I tried, but unless I stay up to midnight (not gonna happen) it won't get done.  The bodice and facings are sewing together, the skirt portion is cut out and sewn together, now I have to gather it, attach it to the bodice, insert the zipper, and hem it.  Sounds like a lot but what is left is pretty easy.  Well, except the zipper.  That too is not that difficult, just not as quick as the rest.

I did complete some blueberry hand pies tonight to take to the airshow tomorrow.  I used Xantham gum to thicken it since I had that but not cornstarch.  Dang me, it sure works good.  Probably could cut back the amount I use next time.

I hope to be able to post that picture next time I write.  Kinda disappointed in myself, but working the 8-5 shift does not leave as much time to accomplish all more chores and get much sewing done as well as wind down mentally a bit before hitting the hay at 9 or 9:30.



Comments

Popular Posts