Posting the wrap dress "muslin" which I think I'll wear despite it's smallish mistakes etc

Well, here's the Cashmerette wrap dress all finished.  It actually looks better on than on my dress form.  It was the very same one I was going to just wad up and toss but I found some floral trim to cover my wonky stitches around the neckline so it'll do for a work dress.

Here's a detail of the trim I found.
Looks pretty good if I do say so.  The fabric is more peachy coral colored than it appears here.  Not my usual color but the price was right.  I definitely will be making more of these, perhaps in a slightly heavier knit as this is pretty darn thin.  Support undergarments strongly recommended to make it appear smooth.

Today I also got the downspout cut shorter to put the extension on so it flows downhill a bit instead of pooling under the porch and staying.  I weed eated and mowed the neighbors yard today as well.  Another week of free internet for my mowing services.  Got laundry and the dishwasher going as I speak!

Trying to work the gumption up to clear the dining room table off and cut out the Colette blouse.  I traced a slightly bigger size since the old one was a bit snugger in the bosom/shoulder than I'd like.  I also lowered the bust dart.  Prepping the pattern and cutting out seems to be the least fun of the projects.  Sigh.

Oh, paid the IRS my due yesterday.  Well, payments being made, but whatever.  Nice to have that onerous task done as well. 

Comments

Popular Posts