Xmas crafties!

Here's my latest way to use both my quilting scraps and my embroidery machine; mug rugs.  They are big enough for coffee and a bagel ir two.  Perfect for the desk or side table.  The dragonfly is for a coworker who likes pink, the panda for someone who likes, well, pandas, and the other for a coworker who's favorite color is red.   The dragonfly is actually the practice embroidery for the purse I made sometime ago to see if it would work on the mattilesse (sp?) fabric.  Made a great feature on this rug.
 I love the colors on this one as well as the embroidery!  Somewhat Asian in flavor and I used up some color scraps I didn't know what to do with otherwise yet couldn't bring myself to get rid of. 
This one I just like the graphic, strong colors and the scribble heart.  The panda and heart were from www.urbanthreads.com.  The dragonfly was from momo dini which features Asian designs.  I think that's how you spell it anyway. I bought a design disk at a quilt show a couple years ago from momo but have only recently put it to use.  It's full of dragonflies in different poses. 

I have plans percolating in my head now for other little gifts for people, not necessarily for Xmas.  Heck, I may even do some more mug rugs just because!

Comments

Popular Posts