Blakely, Arlington, and points in between

It's been an interesting day! I caught the charter transport boat "Parakleet" out of Anacortes this morning and went to Blakely Island to a private estate. Tuned a beautiful Steinway grand piano there and then waited for the return trip. Wandered around a bit and observed how the other half lives (nicely I'd say.) Upon arrival in Anacortes, I hurried to Stanwood to work for a couple hours then on to Arlington to tune a couple pianos at an elementary school. The disparity between the Steinway and the donated school pianos was VAST! Tomorrow it's back to Arlington to another elementary school and then the Performing Arts Center to tune. That's all after working about 6 hours at the clinic.

DH is working over on Orcas Island this week. The guys are staying over there for the duration of this particular job. I haven't heard from him but I'm assuming it has to be easier than commuting by ferry every day. He's playing the role of camp "Cookie" while there. We plotted out a menu, grocery shopped, and packed the crock pot. All easy-peasy stuff, but hearty. He'll be reimbursed by the boss for the food outlay. That's good. I'd be torqued off if he didn't.

I dug out the artificial Xmas tree this evening with plans on decorating it. Damned if I can find the stand though! What in the heck happened to it???? I may have to go to Lowe's or Ace to find one. First I'll dig around a little more though. I remember vaguely that I found it still out after I'd packed the tree into the attic last year. So I no doubt tucked it somewhere and now I can't find it. Argh. I'm my own worst enemy sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts