An evenings job well done

Ah Spring...it's here and the grass is growing. FAST. I just got done mowing and now I have the perfume of grass and exhaust wafting around my nose every time I move. For some sick reason I like that combination for a while at least. I'll shower pretty soon though. I understand there'll be more snow this weekend in the passes. Guess we'll go to Mt. Baker to ski this weekend.

Last weekend we went to Ft. Ebey on Whidbey Island and camped. It was the first camping of the season and it felt really good to get away. I didn't do as much trail hiking as I wanted but the weather was BEAUTIFUL and we met some very friendly folks out enjoying the spring weather.



We spent an afternoon in Coupeville doing the tourist thing. Apparently it's on the biker tour route or something. Damned things anyway with their loud pipes. Really was obnoxious in an otherwise quiet town despite the influx of tourists.

Felt like we really got away even though it's not far as the crow flies. Good for the psyche!

Comments

Popular Posts