Failure

Well, the official letter came. I was dismissed from the transcription course I was taking for failing to maintain good enough grades and progressing adequately. It made me do a lot of thinking over the last couple days, and I must admit I was doing it out of guilt rather than liking it. I refused to admit that, but that had to have been the reason it was like pulling my own teeth trying to sit here and type my practices. The course was difficult and required B grade average. I was a low C most of the time.

Thinking back on it, I really disliked sitting here typing doctor reports for hours on end and having to research whether the doctor really meant what he said or what I thought he said, whether that sentence consisted of 2 independent clauses and needed a comma or was it a dependent clause, or something else entirely. I also must confess that though I worked diligently at the comma issue, I still never fully got it so that it was automatic. I had to review comma etiquette continuously or I'd forget. I still made mistakes at this stage of the course on them. My heart just wasn't in it.

I'm sure I am disappointing many, not the least of which is my husband. I'll figure something else out to increase our income. Something with a faster pace and more interesting things to do that change frequently. There's something out there I can do. I'm sure of it.

Comments

Popular Posts