Beat that piano!!!

I just finished tuning the last of the pianos at the high school. Four of them. Whew! I'm beat. All the pianos were practice pianos and boy were they beat up! The last one I broke a couple strings on, and a damper butt plate was broken. I had to bring the piece home tonight to see if I had something to match. Fortunately I do, but now I have to go back to the high school another day to finish the repairs on that last one. Ugh. I had hoped to be done up there so I could start at the middle schools. Bagh!

I also worked at the clinic this morning. Went okay as usual there. Nothing outstanding. Now through labor day people there are taking vacations, so I can't really schedule any tunings next week where I would be gone all day. Poop. That really messes up with my mental schedule to get the high school and middle schools done before school starts. Oh well. Nothing can be done about that now.

DH has been putting in some LOONNGG hours lately. He didn't get through yesterday til 8:00 or so. He was so beat yesterday that I really felt for him. I called him earlier today and things are going better.

There's now a Penguin Windows sign in our yard. The person came to take exact measurements yesterday and left it posted in our yard. That's part of the deal when you get their windows I guess. They can post a sign in the yard. I don't really care that much. I will have to take it down to mow later in the week, but I'll put it back up. Just to let the neighbors know we ARE continuing to improve the appearance of our house...sort of. One of these days we'll get it all done on the outside and it won't look like Jed Clampett's relatives live here. Except for the archaic motor home. That stays.

Comments

Popular Posts