Rested and ready again -- for how long?


Got back from Eugene all rested and ready to go. My aunt is doing well considering she had open-heart surgery not quite a year ago and she's getting on in years. She is slower moving, but still the dry-humored woman I knew. I got to know her a bit better this time. We didn't do much, but shared efforts on the New York Crossword every morning, relaxed together, and visited. It was bittersweet since her frailty is getting more pronounced and her health precarious.

Above is an azalea she had in her yard and it has the most beautiful aroma!!! I was unaware that azaleas could have a scent. I am going to try to search for it at the local nurseries. See if they have ever heard of it. She could not tell me a name as it was there when she bought the house.

Regarding the lawn getting mowed while I was gone? NOT. My husband was off seeing the Waterfront festival when I got home and since I had been sitting for almost 6 hours driving I needed to exercise, so I dug out the lawn mower and weed eater and got to work. Good thing I did as we've had rain ever since.

Comments

Popular Posts