Productive weekend, sort of

Here was my morning!  I made chocolate crinkle cookies and filled the cookie jar, got butter chicken in the crock pot though I did have to make my own tandoori masala spice mix since the white wonder bread stores around here didn't have it, swept the kitchen floor afterwards, then updated my sewing machine to begin the much talked about but yet to be started Poe purse. 

This afternoon I got the machine embroidery done on the purse.  Woo Hoo!  Inroads have been made on the purse!  Should go together fairly well though I still haven't decided on the trim or the straps.

I got the list going on all the stuff I need to take with us to Shawn's house for Turkey day.  I will be cooking the bird, making the gravy, dressing, potatoes, and faux tatoes while Sherri will be bringing the sides.  Since Shawn's is a single guys place there are things essential to making all this that just aren't there so I'll be bringing stuff to do it with along with the bird etc.

Sure wish it was still Saturday though.  I got some stuff done but then I crashed midafternoon and was totally worthless the rest of that day.  Ah well.  Such is the way it goes sometimes.

Update:  We just had dinner.  The "Slow cooker butter chicken" from Allrecipes.com was DELICIOUS!  It is a keeper and will be making it often.  I served it with rice, naan, and used the last of our mango sorbet to make mango lasse's.  YUM!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts