Magic carpet cleaning.

Well, it is the season I guess.  We brought down the rug from the attic today.  I shampooed it and when it is dry we will be putting it down in the living room.  Covering up the wood floor so it's a bit warmer on the toes now that the nights have dropped BELOW FREEZING!  I got the wood floor vacuumed thoroughly in preparation and shoes are prohibited.  I also did the bedroom while the shampooer was hooked up.  I also dug out the murphy's oil soap and wiped down mop boards, doors, and door frames.  For some reason the old varnish on them attracts dust.  It clings like a magnet.  Does old varnish harbor some sort of static cling? 

Sure is beautiful out again today despite the heavy frost we had this morning.  The sun has been shining and the colors remain on the trees.  That is thinning however as the leaves fall.

I must finish grocery shopping today.  ugh.  Not my favorite task, especially on weekends.  Seems everyone is out doing that and frankly I really hate dealing with lots of people who seem to mill around mindlessly, or neglect their children who are running around grabbing things and bumping into me so they can decide on the best laundry soap.  Whatever.

So ya, there's my weekend in a nutshell.  Whoopee.

Comments

Popular Posts