Floating in the banana colored canoe

The hub did something very different Sunday thru Tuesday.  I dropped him off in Rockport Sunday morning with his canoe and camping gear and he came down over the next couple days on the Skagit to Sedro Woolley where I picked him up during my lunch.  He was pooped but had a good time.  Saw bear tracks, elk tracks, eagles, and other wildlife.  He paddled a lot which ended up actually helping his back pain somewhat.  I think it was the core strengthening.  I'll try to load pix some other time.  It ain't happening for some reason today.

While he was gone I got a scratch on my eye which became infected.  Lovely.  I went to urgent care and spent Monday at home in a dim house since I couldn't stand light.  Great.  It's on the mend and I'll be relegated to my old glasses till it gets better.  No contacts for me for a while yet. 

This weekend is the Skagit Valley Fair and we will be going with another couple.  Looking forward to seeing the weird chickens.  that's my favorite stuff!  I'll have to stay away from fair food since i don't want to sabotage the weight I've lost already. 

The big test comes next week as I have my followup labs done then to see if I've brought my triglycerides under control.  Here's hoping.  I had a physical for the first time in a couple years.  I'm pretty healthy except for that.  Oh, I need a mammo.  So NOT looking forward to that soon.  Ugh.  I try to relax but it's still kinda painful more often than not. 

What else is going on?  Not much.  I made mincemeat bars for the hub tonight.  He's  not too crazy about them this time so I think I'll take them to work.  He liked them before when I made them.  Who can figure?!  They smell fabulous but I've resisted.  Good girl!
  

Comments

Popular Posts