Fair swag and other thoughts



The fair was fun.  We had a good time as a couple with...another couple!  D actually liked my friend's husband.  Will wonders never freakin' cease?!  Usually he'll like my friend, the husband not so much.  FANTASTIC!  Anyhoo, we checked out goats as he wants one someday.  I know, the farmer is coming out in him the older he gets.  Kinder goats.  That's what he was leaning towards.  I got to check out the weird chickens, and there was a sow who just had a litter of piglets 4 days prior.  12 of them.  Gawd.  They were so cute though, running around, bumping into each other, squealing.  We watched people, Karin got her fair share of swag, and we just enjoyed the afternoon!  I think I may have found a dentist there too!  She had a booth.  Not a profession I would have thought to have a booth at the fair but helpful none the less.  Our dentist retired a few  months ago and we've been asking around trying to find a good fit.


I got those aforementioned dragonflies embroidered on the purse body and it's mostly sewn together now.  I forgot the handle loops on one side though.  Must have been getting tired or something so now I have to deconstruct some of it to insert them.  Darn.  I was THIS close!  It will be really cute when I do get it done and pressed though.  The dragonflies embroidered up beautifully on that matilesse fabric I'm making it out of.  I wondered since it is sort of a quilted type fabric.  Thought the embroidery might sink in a bit and not be as nice as it turned out.  Pictures will follow, I promise when it's done.  I may even put the skirt on and snap a mirror picture.  Who knows.

D is out canoeing again today.  Hope he catches a fish.  Or two.  That would be nice.

All righty then.  I got the pix added as promised.  I still suck at arranging them etc in my blog but there ya go.  The skirt has yet to be taken in but this will give you an idea on my dress form Lily who also needs to be taken in!  An actual full shot of the purse will be put into another entry when I get it completed.  For now you just get a closeup (sort of) of the dragonfly. 

Comments

Popular Posts