The porch is missing!


The porch is missing! Someone made off with the porch in the night! Not really. It's now at the dump being shredded or whatever they do there at the transfer station. Just shy of a half a ton worth of rotten wood! The overhang is being supported by a few large pieces of timber from DH's work as you can see from the photo! We purchased pressure treated lumber Monday night. We need to get 2x12s and 6x6s still. They weren't available at the local box store. And we're still waiting for the arrival of the Geodeck. Can't put the 6x6s up until it comes in as there's a 6x6 sheath I bought to cover the timbers.

I just made refrigerator muffins and baked a small pan of them. They have been in the back of my mind for a couple weeks and I finally made them this morning. Now there's a gallon of muffin mix in the fridge for fresh muffins during the week. It's the same recipe my mom used to make. Yum!!!! Comfort food while I'm home with a sore throat. Gotta watch it though as the bran content is HIGH! Could lead to major clean-out if I'm not careful!

DH turned on the furnace for the first time this morning. Brrrr! It was 62 in the house. No wonder I had the blanket up over my nose when I woke up. That's just a wee bit cool for this chickie! Guess summer is now really OVER! (sounds of weeping and gnashing of teeth)

Comments

Popular Posts