A week of miracles! (wink wink)

Wooo Hooo! I didn't dump the aforementioned canoe. I just got my shoes a bit wet during the launch! Hurrah. Can't wait to go again. It was fun. One caveat, however. The paddle I used was about one foot too long. Didn't figure that out till we got back to shore and I was loading up said paddle. Luck of the draw that I got the long one. No wonder it felt a bit awkward rowing. The husband kept telling me to hold the paddle closer to the blade. I couldn't. Not without a gorilla-like arm span anyway.

Miracle of miracles! DH decided to clean out the shed over the weekend. It has been packed with...stuff... since shortly after we built it. We took a big load of crap to the dump Sunday and whadda ya know, I can get to my bike, the lawnmower, and yard tools without having to move junk out of the way. Wow! Now maybe, just maybe, I'll actually get my fat behind on the bike once in a while!

While he did that I worked on his closet. It has been much like the above-mentioned shed, a repository for all things he didn't know where to put. I installed a closet rod half way down to put pants on. That freed up space to hang some more of his coats. I cleaned out the boxes, old baseball caps, ski gear, and other things on the floor, and about a buck in change. Then I mopped the floor. DUSTY! Ugh. There's a spare OLD computer monitor I still need to do something with, otherwise it is done. He doesn't want to part with it so I'll hang on to it for the time being.

Perhaps his junk-mongering ways are tempering. He's been willing to part with stuff periodically over the last 6 months or so. I think he's tired of the projects hanging over his head and is cutting his losses. Next weekend...CAMPING! Don't know where, but we gotta get away. Somewhere close I'm sure. Need to test out that swamp cooler! :)

Comments

Popular Posts