Smokin' hot

Gonna be a hot one folks.  At least for the Pacific Northwest.  I prepped a pattern hack of a camp shirt I like that fits me into a dress.  I plan on getting it cut out over the next day or so, and get it put together in time for the really hot weather at the end of the week.

I also have a silk dressy tank I made that I'll probably wear too.  I snagged that fabric at a thrift store for 3.99 for 3 yards.  Amazing!   I'm not sure what I'm gonna wear with it however.  Maybe a skirt.  Anyhoo, I'm sort of ready for the heat.

Had a lovely weekend actually.  Went to Anacortes to Gere-A-Deli for lunch then took a sightseeing trip around Anacortes and Mt Erie before stopping at Bastion Brewery for a beer and then home.  I haven't done that in years.  Nor have I been to the deli in at least 2 years.  Boy it was good.  Did all that after I mowed the lawn (dandelions actually), cleaned the house, and made inroads with the laundry.  Sunday was spent first putting up the last post on the porch, vacuuming, hacking that pattern, and spending time out in the yard under the tree watching the world go by.

Speaking of watching the world go by, half a block up the hill an arborist took down a large evergreen tree.  It was interesting watching him remove all the branches in such a cramped urban area as well as the main trunk then grinding it all into chips.

 


Comments

Popular Posts