Ah the holiday spirit...or lack thereof.

Very rough, but here's a project I'm currently puzzling over.  I machine embroidered the 3 design spaces, pieced the areas between, and am now trying to figure out what to do with the borders.  The end game is a table runner.  While taking this picture I did have a brainstorm tho.  More on that later.

I also whipped out a tree garland to put up at my station at work.  Rather cute addition to the ol' cubicle.
Frankly that's been the extent of my Xmas decorating.  Went as far as getting wreath out but that's it here at home.  Sad, I know but on the upside it's been a busy tuning season.  YAY!

On the clothes-sewing front I have a tunic traced out, I ordered the Cashmerette Appleton wrap dress pattern which arrived, and am waiting on the fabric I ordered from Fabric Mart for 50% off.  The pattern is highly rated amongst the curvy sewists out there so am anxious to try it.  Made some table runners for Xmas, for gifts or other, and I've got a couple pairs of boxers on the docket for DH.  In time for Xmas?  Possibly.  I've made so many over the years it's pretty quick.  Sent off some ginger crinkle cookies to Michigan today, and I've got the yen now to make more cookies....like I need them!!!  Oh, something else on the distant docket is a winter coat.  I got a wool/blend navy yardage from Fabric Mart a while ago and have checked out some library books on linings, interlinings, etc.  I've never made a coat before so want to do it right once I get the pattern tweaked enough to fit correctly.

Just planted some tulip bulbs we had around and some garlic today.  Don't know if they'll come up in the spring, but I guess better rotting in the soil than in the bag in the basement!  I did get together with some girlfriends over the last week.  They are coworkers, or were, and it was nice to see them again.  Saw my Bestie Donna last week as well.  Luv that woman!  Other than that, the mundane stuff is pretty much usual.


Comments

Popular Posts