Early fall food preservation

Canning.  That about summed up my Saturday.  There was a nice little crop of jalapenos which I pickled for winter, and the last of the tomatoes became a knockoff of Rotel tomatoes and chilies which i also canned.  There's something to be said for help when canning.  I didn't really have any, so I spent most of the day washing and sterilizing jars, peeling and chopping tomatoes, dicing some of the jalapenos, and I also cleaned the carrots harvested yesterday as well.  Didn't can them though.  Not enough.  Oh, and made chocolate chip cookies.  Just because.

Friday night I met the gals from Stanwood at the Trumpeter.  It was so nice to see them all I got a little verklempt.  We visited, had dinner, hugged, laughed, before heading home.  I sometimes wonder how I ended up with such good friends and don't feel worthy of the love I receive from them.  But I love them all in return so I guess it is a fair trade.

Sat down to sew today, get a couple more things done for the craft fair.  I made some flower brooches.  Got to get the backing sewn on them as well as the pin.  That's just sitting here while  movie is on hand sewing after a couple drops of strategically placed glue.  There's also a couple items I need to cut out sitting on the kitchen table.

I also want to go get apples from Rox.  Her tree is full.  To slice and freeze for pies, make some applesauce, etc etc.  Not enough time in the day during the week.  Well, there is I suppose, if I didn't peter out of energy.  Sigh.




Comments

Popular Posts