Retro with Gertie

I did the blouse, posted it on FB, and since I did that from work the pix are on the computer....at work.  So sorry.  But I will try to get the dress on this as soon as it's done.  I'm tackling the dreaded FBA this weekend.  Otherwise known as Full Bust Adjustment.  Gah.  I have been online to read more details on how to do this.  The benefits of sewing with knits is I don't have to worry about that so much.  Dammit.  Anyway, other than helping the DH with some rewiring in the basement, that's on the agenda.  And doing the border on a gift I'm making.  I am getting really into the retro look, and I recently got Gertie's book of retro designs.  There's a "summer dress" which is a sleeveless dress with a full dirndl skirt needing a crinoline.  Tea length.  I have it on my "to sew" list.  Last night I traced the basic top pattern out and will be attempting that FBA on it this weekend after I sew a muslin to see how much I have to add.  It will be sewed from a periwinkle blue seersucker I got for free.  So looking forward to rocking the retro look.

Crazy I know.  Must be the Mad Men influence I've seen lately.  I just love the look.  Don't know if I'll carry off the look but I'm gonna go for it.  The material was free so all it takes is the cost of thread and my time.  And a new pair of shoes that go with the dress. 

Other than that, I am at the new location a week now at work.  It is okay, but I'm in much better facility than I left, although it's a new building.  My job is considered VERY low on the pole as far as amenities go.  And might I add that the new "economical energy saving" heating system kinda sucks.  Frostbite I'm telling you!

Hopefully the bugs get worked out.


Comments

Popular Posts