Memorial day weekend

My headache left by 11:30 or so today and I was able to get out and pull weeds.  Seriously, I have a weed thumb!  I grow them better than anything!  However the house/yard is looking pretty good.  I went to Ladies Night at Skagit Valley Gardens the other night and picked up a hops plant which I planted today by the front porch.  They are a fast growing vine which I hope will grow up and all around the railings of the porch.  The blossoms I hope to harvest, dry, and put into sachets for sleeping.  Tomorrow I am going to plant the 2nd planting of cilantro as the first is up.  That stuff grows quickly and needs repeat planting.  the marigolds are coming up, the poppies and some of the veggies are as well.  I pulled up all the volunteer squash except a couple.  We had alot of volunteers this year!

Here's the blouse I made a couple weeks ago:

You can't tell from this picture but it has very small, thin blue stripes on it that are close together.

Don't know if I ever added this picture of a tote I made:





It was rather difficult to construct with that extra stiff interfacing and there's some design/construction processes I'd change next time.  Gah!  Was a headache tho I like the end result.  Kinda cute with embroidery design from Urban Threads.  Tomorrow after some chores are done I will work on the knit mock wrap dress.  I hope to have it finished this week sometime.  i also will be working on the fit of a fitted sheath FBA.  I have the initial adjustment done and a test run muslin cut out.  I'll sew it together and see how it fits, or if it fits!  Then go from there.

Must buy a new flag too.  It's Memorial Day Weekend and I don't have a flag anymore.  The old one was too tattered.  Found a nice one at Amazon made here in the good ol' USA.  Think I'll order it this week. 

Have a nice weekend all!




Comments

Popular Posts