I am still alive and ticking

Well hello!  It's been a long time since I've posted.  This whole Not Having Internet at home really sucks for any sort of production, be it posting here, comparison shopping, or just reading blogs and sewing sites.  Ah well.  One of these days perhaps.  Anyhoo, I''m at a wifi spot trying to catch up on a few things, not to mention since our laptop was down for the count for quite a while on top of no internet I'm getting MORE updates from Windows.  For pete's sake, how many are there?!

Over the weekend (the first where both days were stellar) the yard got whipped into shape, I got some seeds planted in the raised beds, and the flower beds weeded.  The old yard is looking much much better.  I figured I'd be so sore today, but so far so good.  Tho I admit I was kind of stove up last night.  I'm in slightly better shape than I thought I was.

On the sewing front, been slowly working on a paper pieced gift, I have a linen dress cut out for when I get the gift done, a friend got scads of fabric for free and gave me an opportunity to pick thru what was left after she gleaned out all the quilting cotton.  There's a whole bolt of a lovely light blue tone on tone seersucker and I think i see a vintage summer dress somewhere in that bolt!  We'll see if I get to it.  I know what a slacker i can be.  There's also another bit of seersucker with blue and green stripes on a white ground.  I totally see a summer skirt in there as well. 

My quilting friend has coerced me into agreeing to get stuff together and sell at another craft fair later this year, November i believe.  I will need to get on the ball for that as well. 

So I've been kind of busy, just away from the internet.  Thanks for checking on it periodically.  :-)

Comments

Popular Posts