Sunday procrastination

k, not conducive to making more overtime but I blew it off today to sleep in a bit and then work on chores that have been sadly neglected.  So far this morning I SUCK!  I slept in as planned, then just have been sitting here watching music videos and only THINKING about the chores.  This has got to stop.  The lawn is shaggy and needs to be done before the rain comes back this afternoon.  It looks worse in comparison to all the people around me that mowed theirs yesterday!  The gardens need weeded badly before they eclipse the shoots coming up of tulips, peonies and other things I can't recall what they are.    Ironing has stacked up since I did do a load of laundry last night but that can wait for the upcoming rain.  I need to sweep the porches and beat back the spider webs dangling from the ceiling out there.  Shudder.  I'm sure there's more but that is what is immediately screaming at me and which I keep turning a blind eye to.  Sigh.  Just one more cup of coffee then I'll get on it.  I promise. ;)

UPDATE:  Lawn is mowed, the bits of garbage that blow in with the wind are picked up and I weeded a wee bit but took stock of what's coming up as I installed supports for the peonies.  When they decide to take off they shoot up and begin to droop with the heavy blossoms before I usually get it together to belatedly install the supports.  Ha!  Not this year!   Good timing too because the creepy neighbor who was sitting outside earlier had gone back in before I got started.  Yay!

UPDATE #2:  Washed all the windows except the kitchen and even took the screens off and washed them!  Also ran to Wally World and picked up a few things.  Got out of there relatively quickly for a Sunday afternoon!  The shopping gods must have been smiling on me.  Next up is vacuuming.  Cats are shedding badly.  That tells me spring is finally here despite the cold nights we still get and the recent snow!

Comments

Popular Posts