John & Maureen, what a pair

Okay, I'm watching this movie for the zillionth time and I still think The Quiet Man with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara is my all time favorite movie.
Fortunately my hubbie also likes it.  We see something new every time we watch it and laugh at all the same parts.  Then we digress into talking about the players who all seem to turn up in John Ford's westerns which we also watch periodically.  Sigh.  They just don't make movies like that anymore.

Speaking of movies, we watched 50 Dead Men Walking last night.  A disturbing movie about the IRA during 1988 and a young man who joined them, becoming an inside man for England.  He was found out and left his young family and has never seen them since.  He survived getting shot 6 times in the chest while living in hiding in Canada and continues running to this day.  True story.  Ben Kingsley was in it and was fabulous as he always is. 

I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and can't wait.  Nothing fancy but am going to Idaho with my aunt to see her brother.  A road trip!  Haven't done that in a long time!

Comments

Popular Posts