What to fix for dinner and other musings

Had a couple days off before the weekend and boy was it nice.  Granted I didn't do anything special but just not working was nice.  I initially had plans to go to the sewing expo in Puyallup and take some sewing classes but due to lack of funds I didn't do it.  Did get some tedious chores done around the house though.

The earthquake in Chile was enough to wake me up this morning!  My gosh, is the earth trying to shake us fleas off its back?  Does make one wonder.  What's happening???

Got some seeds ordered for a vegetable garden yesterday.  DH has plans to put a garden in the backyard this year.  He wants to put up canned goods this year too.  Now that I spend my days sitting on my BUTT I have the energy to do that so I'll be enlisting his help to do that since he wants it so much.  I wouldn't mind it either.  Fresh canned farm vegetables are really good, just a bit labor intensive.  Looking for a really crisp deli style dill pickle recipe.  I've tried several over the years and either it is me or the recipe.  They don't come out very crisp and crunchy.  Most tasted all right but there wasn't the requisite crispness we are looking for.  Hmmm.  Any suggestions?

Oh, I fixed a Thai pizza for dinner last night with a whole wheat crust.  I liked it but DH wasn't too hip about it.  So I'll retire that new recipe to the scrap heap.  It was pretty simple; chicken marinated for a while in fish sauce, thai chili paste, brown sugar, and something else, then cooked till almost done.  Smear spicy peanut sauce on the crust, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and spread on top, then put scallions on it.  Then cover with mozarella and bake.  Sprinkle fresh cilantro on it when pulled from the oven.  Rather good at least to me.

I did have better success with the potato soup with spicy italian sausage like is served at Olive Garden.  WAY GOOD!  Got it off of Allrecipes.com.  We both went back for 2nds on that one.  Heartily endorsed!

Comments

Popular Posts