Alien and To-Do's

http://blog.craftzine.com/gigerCake.jpg

Okay, my computer abilities are somewhat limited so i got the link going here hopefully.  My DH and I love the Alien movies, particularly the first two, so imagine my surprise when I saw this today at the craftzine.com blog...I was almost speechless for a second, then green with envy.  What a FUN cake for a halloween party or some such.  People are so darn creative, that is why I regularly read that blog.  I am constantly amazed at what people think up or craft.  I'm not a big crafter but I live vicariously through them.

Speaking of which, I have a winter purse partially cut out.  I must cut the lining and interlining but I just keep looking at the project box and not doing it.  Don't know why exactly, just having a focus problem I guess.  I'll have the purse done by spring or summer at this rate, ready for NEXT winter.  I did get a big project finished and outta here, along with a couple other niggly things that needed repaired and a night shirt I wanted to jazz up a bit with some decorative stitching.  My sewing table is now almost clear.  I want to make a new pair of sweat pants with some fleece I found in the attic, and I have polar fleece I want to make a jacket out of still sitting there, but for me the table looks pretty clear! 

I worked on year-end paperwork last night.  Gathered up and tallied all the medical expenses for last year.  It was a doozy, at least for us.  DH and his health issues really took a bite outta the old pocketbook last year.  Sigh.  What do you do.  It's necessary so you just do it one way or the other.

Tonight I ran to the library and got a couple books, one fiction and one on fitting patterns, then went to Lowe's for a dowel to fit a needlework bag stand Grandma had given me.  I put magazines in it and overloaded it breaking one of the dowels.  I fixed it this evening but noticed as I put it back together the fabric is beginning to rot in places.  The darn thing is probably 50 years old or better so I guess it is time.  Textiles do tend to rot after so long exposed to the sun etc.  There's something for my sewing to do list.  Great. 

I think I'll conveniently ignore them all for the rest of the evening and go read a book.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts