New stuff within 24 hours

DH is working through the death of a friend of ours. Curly was DH's friend and this is the first contemporary since high school that has died. He went suddenly in a motorcycle accident. It has been an emotional couple of weeks here.

On the upside, I've had the week off and have begun tuning the MV school district pianos. Some of those pianos are really tired. I understand new instruments are pretty low on the district budgets but it's sad to see.

DH went shopping for a new toaster oven yesterday. He came home with a DeLonghi. It sure is nice! The one we had was a free one we got from someone years ago. It replaced a yard sale special we used for years. Sad to say this is the first one we've purchased new! We made toast this morning....okay very DARK toast; a shingle really. The standard default setting on this one is still too dark for our taste. Our old one was set at the highest setting and still needed to be run through twice sometimes. I can see a learning curve here.

Another upside - we got new phones yesterday too. My phone is not as fancy as DH's and that is just fine with me. He wants bells and whistles, I want a phone. There's a learning curve here also. We have direct connect now and I have a very stiff button. I keep cutting myself off. Also the phone answers when I flip it open. My old one I had to push the talk button to begin a conversation. I've already cut people off by doing that. No customers so far so I hope to break that habit quickly.

Comments

Popular Posts