10 things I miss, in no particular order...


I lifted this theme/story idea from El Capitan at Baboon Pirates. Thanks!

Cranking the old food grinder and chatting together while Mom and I made carrot pudding for the holidays.

The smell of Dad's work truck that clung to his old green sweater.

Wearing size 10 pants...boy was that a LONG time ago.

Writing silly stories for Donna in Work Experience class when we were supposed to be studying.

Camping when it seemed more like fun and less like work.

Being able to leave the door unlocked all day, even when I left for a while and knowing all would be as I left it when I got back.

That bubble gum rope. Can't recall the brand but I wanna say Bubblicious.

Giggle fits. They happen far too rarely.

Those old cinnamon candies that came in a jar from Citizen's Pharmacy.

Manners.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ahhh....Rick the pirate (or was George the pirate?), Jim the cowboy! Those stores you wrote were a HOOT. I would give anything to have them in my hands again....
Judi said…
Can't recall. I do remember they were your crushes of the moment though. And I remember typing them on used calculator tape. At least SOME of them.

Popular Posts