I'm still here.

It has been quite a long time since I "blogged".  Since almost no one but a couple relatives read this and one of them recently passed I've not dedicated any time to this blog.  However, during all that time several things have changed in my life.  As of the end of September my divorce was final.  I am currently in the laborious process of buying out my ex on the house, my tunings have picked up a bit, and I've dedicated a bit more time to sewing/fitting correctly which has produced many wadders.  It's a continual learning process.  Doesn't help any that I put on much more weight after menopause.  Gah.  Oh, and my computerized sewing/embroidery machine died.  Can no longer be repaired.  I dug out my old Viking from 1970's and am soldiering on.  It works great.  STILL!  Nothing fancy but everything I need for basic garment sewing.  I do miss the IDT feature on my Pfaff though.

This is my current work in progress.  It's a woven dress for summer.  I have an invisible zipper foot on order that hasn't arrived yet.  That is all that's holding me back from completing it.

Speaking of, I dug out my summer clothes from last year.  Looks like I need to sew more as many of them no longer fit.  I have this menopausal middle that I never had before. 

Come May I'll be driving to Redding to see a very dear friend who retired and now lives with her sister there.  Looking forward to that more than I can say.  I'm renting a car for the trip.  My poor subaru needs a new head gasket and won't make the trip.  I'm saving $$ for that expenditure too.  I won't be able to buy a newer car as my mortgage payments will go up quite a bit.  On the upside of the higher mortgage, it'll be paid off in 15 years rather than 20. 

Today I'm taking Sherry up to Concrete to the 5Bs bakery.  She's never been.  It'll be an adventure as she's wheelchair bound and has never tried to get into my car before.  She's game to give it a go.  Don't know what changed, but that's great!  Hope it's not difficult.






Comments

Popular Posts