Sewing problems continue.

Quick update - I got the neckline binding removed from the mesh top and folded turqoise elastic put on.  Still sags a little in the front. :(  Not too bad so I'll wear it anyway.  I think with a less stretchy fabric with more substance will hold up better.  Ah well.  Good learning experience sewing with mesh.

Spent this morning tracing the Cashmerette wrap dress pattern.  My tummy needs lunch before I attempt to cut it out.  It's grumbling.  Looking forward to getting that project off my to-do list.  Being the glutton for punishment that I am I stopped at the thrift store and picked up more fabric.  I know!  Crazy.  But there was 3 yards of 60" fabric that I think will make a good Colette Patterns Jasmine top.  I made it once before but my fabric choice was yucky.  Not too sure I'll do the ties either.  Just not my style.  I also found some fall leaves cotton for the backing of that fall table runner I got partly done so long ago for $3.00.  That's another thing I have a goal to tick off that list. 

Yesterday we power cleaned the house and then I left to meet some girlfriends in Smokey Point.  Had a lovely visit.  This morning I did some straightening/reorganizing in the basement.  Hit a wall so to speak with what to do with some of the rest of the stuff down there but I'll tackle it another time.  Got a small batch of stuff to take to Goodwill.  Cleaning more stuff out.  Huzzah!

Comments

Popular Posts