Aunt Donna, I got the nudge to post as I've been slacking.  So here goes:  I have been sewing though nothing worthy of a photo really, well, there's this...

It has a weird gather on the right side built in.  I did a camisole for under it as it's sheer.  The camisole is not worth the picture since I was frankensteining it.  The FBA worked well, but my modified straps did not turn out as I planned. That's the turquoise fabric peeking out below the hem. Ah well.  I also am in the process of tearing out the neckline as it does not lie flat so I think I need to rethink it and perhaps stretch it a bit more as I sew it on.  Otherwise I like it.  The fit is good.  The fabric I got on closeout for a buck a yard.  Can't go wrong for that price even if it turned out to be a wadder.  I had to also do a full arm adjustment since I've got thick upper arms.

My friend Mickie and I have been going to the little gym at work 3 days a week.  Been pretty faithful about it for the last couple months and I feel I'm in better shape cardio-wise.  I actually ran a wee bit on the treadmill yesterday.  Granted it was 30 seconds, walk for 2 minutes, then 30 seconds, 2 minute walk, and last spurt of running for 30 seconds.  I can even do 30 minutes on the eliptical whereas back in beginning of December I did 5 minutes and thought I'd die.  Considering just a month ago I didn't have the wind to do that I figure I am making inroads in the fitness department.  Upside is I'm trying to wear myself out so I'll sleep.  Been having a heck of a time with that.  Either can't stay asleep, or wake up about 2:30 and can't get back to sleep.  All of which is accompanied by hot flashes.  Gonna hit the coop and get some black kohosh and evening primrose I think.

Just finished my income tax return today.  I owe Uncle Sam $1500.  Lovely.  Here I was  hoping for a refund.  Ha.  Fat chance.   I was dreading the bookkeeping but now it's done. Whew.

Oh, the blue shirt I made last month for myself?  The striped tunic?  I made one for Mickie in a dark gray/white stripe.  She loves it.

I've got a wrap dress to cut out and sew.  Highly rated by the busty seamstresses out there but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Daffodils are in bloom in the fields, and tulips are pushing up in my garden.  As well as the garlic I planted earlier this winter I noticed.  Yay!  That's something that get used alot around here.  Planning on planting jalapenos again this year, as well as a few tomatoes and onions.  I want to can some more pickled jalapenos as well as salsa.

So that's pretty much all I've been up to lately that comes to mind.  Working, tuning periodically, the usual.

Comments

Popular Posts