General life rundown.

The Halloween wall hanging I had behind my desk?  Sold it.  Got a commission to make a couple mug rugs for coworkers which was fun.  Currently working on a table topper with a day of the dead theme.  I got the binding sewn together and just  pinned the backing, batting, and top together in preparation for quilting it.  I'm hoping it'll be something my one coworker is interested in and would possibly buy, but if not I'll save it for the craft fair next year.  No worries.  It has been fun to do.

We had to put down our sweet Gracie the other day and though I've gone through putting pets down before her death absolutely gutted both of us.  We buried her under the rosemary bush where she used to lay in the summer and watch the world go by. 

Work has been good.  Busier now that I'm helping do more.  Tuning has most definitely picked up.  That's great news.  Making extra $$ while I can.  Feels good to be busy. 

My sewing buddy is still laid up and probably will be through December.  Sad.  I miss spending a Sunday a month with her sewing all dang day.  I stopped by to see her today and she too misses it and is anxious to get off her back and out of bed.  Be a while yet.  I also miss the use of her clubhouse tables for cutting things out.  I've shied away from cutting out large things since I'm relegated to crawling around on the floor to cut stuff out.

I recently got some polyester/wool blend coating and that is my winter goal.  I want to undertake making a coat so have been reading blogs about it and books about sewing a coat.  A little intimidated but I bought the fabric online on clearance so if I screw it up totally I won't be out THAT much.  I plan on utilizing couture techniques which I almost never do on my regular sewing.  I want it to last, fit well, and look good.  It'll be a learning experience.


Comments

Popular Posts