Happy Holidays to all

Xmas dinner adventure here at the house.  I am cooking the whole shebang this year.  Defrosted the turkey, got cranberries, potatoes, salad, still debating about sweet potatoes....and of course pie.

Granted it is only dinner for two but I am woefully out of practice.  I expect a full on kitchen adventure Christmas day. 

I did not make cookies this year, or candy or fudge of any kind.  Trying to stay away from the sugar.  I did splurge on egg nog at the grocery store yesterday with a dash of rum.  I also have hot buttered rum mix in the freezer for a toddy. 

Last weekend I actually did get some sewing done.  The FBA worked out thank goodness for the internet and Youtube.  Weird thing is it's a top I had made once before that fit pretty good except for the bust.  This version was a bit snug in the body.  I think because though it had the required "20% stretch" in the knit, it is a firmer fabric overall than the original.  Now that I have the FBA done i imagine I'll make it again with a less dense or more stretchy knit.  Puzzling.  I also have a wrap top I made when I was much heavier that I got rid of and I think I'll dig that pattern out and trace out the smaller size....make it again as well.  Hmmmm.  The FBA is starting to make more sense the more I do them.

So wishing whoever reads this a blessed holiday spent with family and friends.


Comments

Popular Posts