Still here, just long hiatus!




Okay, it's been a coons age since I posted.  I don't have a working computer at home right now so I have pirated a computer to use for a few minutes.  Anyhoo, here's a sampling of what I have been working on.  All purses and clutches I plan on trying to sell at a craft fair this month.  Since I've been trying to do it on the cheap most of the fabrics are gifted or thrift store finds with the exception of the bottom clutch.  It was purchased at a quilt store in their bargain bin.  It's actually much cuter in person, and I sewed some seed beads around some of the flowers on it for some sparkle.  I have several more which I hope to snap pix of and pirate the use of a computer again in the near future.

We had an excellent halloween.  The porch was truly great.  D is a wizard with webs.  We had spider webs all over the house, huge ones!  And of course my feathered crows, blackbirds, and owl posted strategically all over the railings watching the trick or treaters.  Oh and the foggers and black lights.  One can't forget them. We got roughly 50 visitors that night.  A new record.

On a personal note, we worked on the house scraping and repainting trimwork, replacing the trim around the windows on the south side, putting in a new back door (much needed!), and generally spending weekends doing maintenance/upkeep.  Now I need to start saving for a new roof.  The shingles I think are on their last season, or nearly so.

Another fun note, plans were made with a friend last night and I will be going to a Huskies game Saturday.  Never been to a college game.  Should be fun!  And I got my ticket for the company Xmas party.  Semi formal attire requested.  Uhhhhhhhh right.  Guess I need to hit the consignment shops for something suitable.  Dang. 

Well, I better get to work.  I hope to write more later, but no promises.

Comments

Popular Posts